Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Three mile hill...!

First time in about six weeks I've ridden the Percy Warner Park loop and three mile hill.

A short ride tonight, about 18-20 miles.

Also, today, I took my Masi to Gran Fondos to have a compact double chainring put on.  They're not sure it will work, however, because this 1990 frame has a braze-on to the seat tube to which the front derailleur is attached.  The potential problem is that this braze on is too high on the seat tube for the derailleur to function with the smaller chainring.  I think and hope it'll work because I now have a 49 tooth big chainring that I put on years ago.  It works.

I also am trying to arrange for a wider spread set of rear cogs, that'll let me go to 28 or 30 teeth on the "biggest."  That may require another rear derailleur.  I have one marked and expect to order it tomorrow.

Doctor's appt. on July 3rd to check the thumb.  If he says, "no go," then I guess I'll go and take photos of my brother, and eat.


1 Comments:

Blogger Tormax said...

None of this "No Go" buisiness from the doctor. One of us has to actually finish the ride and that's not likely to be me.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home