Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

56 miles on the road !

Today I drove to the Natchez Trace Parkway, and on to Garrison Cove rest stop.  There I parked, ate lunch, changed into cycling clothes, prepared my bicycle and headed out for a four hour ride.  I would pedal from Garrison Cove to mile post 400, I planned, then turn around.

All went well.  What a beautiful day too.

Total time was 3hr, 50 minutes.  That included quite a few stops and breaks.  1:50 out, 2 hr back.  I experienced a significant drop in pedaling power coming back, especially the 2nd half of the return trip.  But, all in all, I think I can be pleased with the ride and my fitness, what with not much pedaling the past four weeks.

Let's see, total miles training. 

613 + 15 pedaling + 56 = 684

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home