Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday am run, exercise

Weather was superb this morning. I ran and exercised from about 7:30 to 8:55.

I ran to a nearby school, and there I did sit-ups and jump rope, followed by more running and then the exercise again. I do two-leg and one-leg jump rope. I can't jump rope more than about one minute on one leg. I think that this jumping is helping strenthen my legs. That's good. But it's going to take me more than one minute to ride up L'Alpe d'Huez of course.

Wed. am I go to the doctor to have my cast removed. I can wiggle my thumb and still get pain. So, it's not repaired yet.

A sermon this am by Ray Prince of Berea Baptist Church in GA. His son Matthew has been with brain tumor for about a year. He preached this morning on the fact of evil in our lives, such as a dying son. It's NOT all good. But, God works things together for good. In our deepest trials, we as believers in the God of creation and in His immutable, infallible word, we must, we can only, go to those words we know to be true. Where else can we go, "you have the words of eternal life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home