Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

One hour pedaling, one hour running

Sat. I rode around my block, to consider if I would be safe to ride out on the Trace. The ride informed me that braking the right lever/rear wheel is awkward. I can do it though. Also, a couple of times I hit a bump in the road, and with my right hand and cast on on the bar, my hand got quite a jar. I could feel a twinge of pain in my thumb. (I think I am going to get a sponge of some sort to make resting places on the bar.)

So, because of those, and because of the time involved in driving out to the Trace, I stayed home and pedaled on my Rivendell on a Blackburn TrakStand. I was pleased with how well it did. I rode one hour, looking at the watch off to the side about every ten minutes, hoping 30 minutes had passed. Then I went out and ran, did sit-ups, and torso rotations, and jump rope, for about another hour.

Still hoping to ride Alpe d'Huez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home