Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Friday, May 05, 2006

45 minutes on bicycle yesterday

Yep, that's it, 45 minutes or so, which I squeezed in after work and before a Wycliffe Associates banquet.

I did hook up with my brother; of course, after I turned back, he continued. You can probably check his blog for how he finished.

Speaking of my brother, he's looking to purchase a bicycle as a temporary bicycle for the Etape. Okay. But get this, he placed a bid on a Trek 5200. That is a carbon fiber bicycle.

Somehow, to me, riding a carbon fiber frame up L'Alpe d'Huez cheapens the ride, a mount made famous in cycling history by the Tour de France and the great climbs on steel frames of Eddy Merckx, O. Bottecchia, Fausto Coppi, Jacques Anquetil, Bernard Hinault. They all rode steel. My brother will probably wear synthetic clothing up the alpe too.

Oh, good news, this just in, he did not win the bidding on the fiber bicycle. Yet another chance to buy steel.

Anyway, my ride tonight was about a 13 mile ride I guess.

Miles to date: 474
Miles this week: 33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home