Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two days in a row in wool

21 miles after work and an eye doctor's appointment

Today, again, I wore a wool jersey - today a long sleeve one. Starting temperature was probably about 74-5 degrees F. Finishing temperature was probably about 70dF. Humidity was low I think. A really beatiful weather day. The wool was not a tight fitting and not a heavy wool. Wool jerseys do a good job of keeping temperatures comfortable and moderate, even if it's not cold outside. They especially help to prevent the chill that happens when moisture in a damp cotton jersey is evaporating in the low humidity breeze.

I could tell my legs were tired from yesterday.

I ride about 5 miles or so to a park with a road system inside. There are loops of 1.5, 5.3, 9 and 11.2 miles. There are other routes possible but those are about the only ones I do during normal rides.

When the Tour de Puke rolls around to finish off the Tour de France, we'll ride six loops for a total of about 65 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home