Cycling in the Gap

A blog to chronicle my preparation for the Etape du Tour on July 10, 2006, which will include the basic bicycling stats, and stories mostly related to rides.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Six miles last week

Monday, April 10.

Rode about 20 miles after work, with my brother John and a co-worker of his. To the nearby park and on the 11 mile loop.


Week of 4/3 to 4/9

Week's mileage: 6
Week's mileage goal: 50
Total mileage to date: 153
Weight: Unknown
Weight goal: 150 lbs

Lots of work to do this week. My only riding was a little on my now fixed-gear bicycle, during lunchtime two days.

A Friday night out of town, participating in an Awana Sparks-A-Rama and AwanaGames in Clarksville, TN. I got home about 11:20 pm. Not quite able to get right to bed even after two nights of little sleep, I surfed the TV for Masters information. And chilled out to a couple of TV programs - a history channel one and a movie was showing, Saving Private Ryan. 2 am or so, I'm in bed.

Up fairly early Saturday to attend and serve in an Awana quizzing event. I left there about 1:30 pm.

Weary, I could not get on the bicycle for a ride. I wanted also to watch the Masters. I did but did not see much because of rain delay. It was also a rather cool day for us here. So, tomorrow, Sunday, a ride in warmer weather.

Nope. After church and lunch - especially lunch - I was still tired and napped. Watched a few holes of the golf tuhnament and managed to run and exercise for about 35 minutes. Good exercise.

Should be able to ride Mon., Apr. 10, Tues., and would like to Thur. or Fri. am. Not likely on that though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home